Monday, August 9, 2010

The New Goal of Americans


Deborah Veale of Southern California just wants her family to be comfortable without having to work.
This photo was taken off of the CNN website this morning.
As you know from all of my previous blogs, I love to work and the idea of being rich enough NOT to work is just something that I cannot relate to. My self worth is intimately related to the beautiful work that I do for for my patients. If working was not important to me, I would have closed my Troy office three years ago, lowered my standard of living and done nothing for the rest of my life.

I cannot see how our great country can remain a world leader without our citizens working hard and striving for excellence.

What can Mrs. Veale's children or grandchildren think when getting money for doing nothing is the new American Dream? (I apologize if this post offends anyone)