Friday, October 22, 2010

It Is Amazing

Two years ago an older colleague from Toronto, Canada sent me an email after he saw my work posted on the ACE forum. This is his email:

Hi Gerald

"I'm in awe of your posterior composite work. It's far better than it has to be (although sadly, too many of our colleagues [by license, not by choice] are satisfied with work that's far worse than it should be). Attached are a couple of my composites that used to please me until I saw yours! Now I have to start all over again (at 68) to raise my bar.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is that I'm presenting a hands-on workshop this fall which will include posterior composites, and I was wondering if you would be willing for me to show (with full attribution of course) some pictures from some of your postings to ACEsthetics, to show what skilled hands and mind can deliver. I'd like to make people both aware of what's possible, and a little insecure, as well!.

"No" is an answer, of course, and if you don't want them shown I will certainly respect that.

But I do like your work!"

Thanks

Roel

Today Dr. Wyman sent me an email reminding me that he appreciated my work and asked if it would be possible to visit my office to learn how I place my direct posterior restorations.

I am amazed and honored by some of my colleagues who acknowledge excellence when they see it and then want to learn how to improve their own work for their patients.

All I ever wanted to do was to take care of YOU, my patient and for the last 7 or 8 years, my peers recognize our work as some of the best they have seen and ask to be mentored. What a SPECTACULAR career I have had.