Thursday, October 7, 2010

When Your Mentor Speaks

I have been fortunate to have two long term mentors: Dr. Fred McIntyre on the East Coast and Dr. Frank Spear from the West. One of the unspoken goals in the mentor/mentee relationship is to one day receive a major compliment from your mentor.

I have been very lucky to receive many supportive comments from each of my Mentors. Today I received the following email from Dr. McIntyre:

"Congratulations on your promotion at the dental school. It is about time that they recognize your contribution to esthetic dentistry. Excellence in Esthetic Dentistry--It is interesting that they finally understand the importance to the school and to dentistry."

I am honored by Dr. McIntyre's comments. He should not be surprised by the things that I have accomplished in my long career since he taught me most everything that I know.