Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Helping the Next Generation

Many of you are aware that I founded the first Esthetic Center at a Dental School 15 years ago, lecture to both dental students and practicing dentists and mentor the next generation of young dentists. It is imperative that young dentists understand that taking care of patients is a sacred responsibility and that they must not to be blinded by the lure of wealth.

My young friend and dentist from Bangalore, India asked me to send him photos of some of my recent work to help inspire him to work harder. I sent him 4 or 5 cases that I recently completed and today I received the following email from him:

"Your physical body is getting older, but your will power and gut is getting stronger and younger day by day, hats off to you. You are my Hero."

I am honored to have been selected by my young friend to serve as his mentor. I am also pleased to see that he can appreciate the hard work during my 35 year career which has taken me to this point. I make every effort to achieve excellence with every patient that I treat.

If patients refuse to select dentists that pursue excellence in dental treatment for their patients, excellent dentists will cease to exist.