Saturday, June 23, 2012

People Become Angry When Faced by Their Mediocrity

I think that you know that it is my job to pursue excellence when caring for my patients. When I post my work on some dental forums some dentists become very defensive and angry. And basically ask, "Why do you feel that you have to be better than the rest of us and make us feel bad in the process.

One dentist today wrote:

"Well I'll be the first to say it .
I like being mediocre
Yes Gerald you fillings are pritty and folks love to see you and ---- well
good for you."

I'm sorry...I do not enjoy being mediocre and I took an oath on the May 29, 1977 that I would do my very best to take care of my patients in the best way that I possibly could.

If I was this dentist's patient and I saw that sentence, I would fire him as my dentist. Physicians and Dentists should be held to very high standards and anyone that that does not want to uphold high standards should be asked to retire.

I did apologize to the dentist for making him admit that he was mediocre on a forum.