Saturday, January 21, 2017

Am I the Only One? (Not Political)

The election is over and the inauguration has come and gone.

Am I the only one who was offended by the President saying that the CARNAGE is over?

So I looked up the word "carnage" and found:

Noun[edit]

carnage ‎(usually uncountableplural carnages)
  1. Death and destruction.
  2. What remains after a massacre, e.g. the corpses or gore.
  3. (figuratively, slang) Any chaotic situation [quotations ▼]

Synonyms[edit]


Has anyone seen a massacre anywhere? Do we have blood and bodies laying in the streets?

Despite our crime, gangs and drugs, we remain one of the safest countries on earth.

I am offended when our President uses such a terrible word to describe Your Country and Mine. I had hoped for a speech that would unite our divided nation so that we can move forward together to achieve greater economic and social growth.

Most of the commentators called the speech, "Dark." I thought that it was disappointing because I expect more from our leaders.

Maybe it's me.