Friday, January 6, 2017

"I Don't Want You to Feel Old But...."

My first patient on Wednesday said to me, "I don't want you to feel old but....You have  taken care of 4 GENERATIONS of my family...Grandfather, Mother, Me and my Son.

After we talked for a while she added, "We come to you because we trust you and are comfortable with you.

This is an old fashioned standard for selecting physicians, dentists and lawyers to take care of you or your family. You could call up these people any time you felt that you needed their help.

Today, I am not sure there is a standard for hiring people..

"Do you accept my insurance? is not a standard and has nothing to do with how well a dentist can fix your teeth.

"You are close to my work so I thought that I would come to you." is not a standard.

Without standards how can we select the right people to take care of us?

This is a very important question that needs your thought.