Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Year Resolutions and/or Goals

Simply put: I have none...

I have never made a New Years Resolution because  I evaluate and re-evalute throughout the year.

Goals?

The majority of dentists that I know have goals that involve making money...Sorry, but that does not interest me...When you set goals that involve money, there is a distinct possibility that money takes priority over taking care of patients....Not going to happen in my office.

In 1992, I took my first Continuing Education course which happened to be about Cosmetic Dentistry and was held in New York City...After 3 days in NY, I told myself that I was going to learn how to do the dentistry that I saw in the course AND I wanted to become one of the best at it...Looking back, that was a pretty arrogant and brash statement coming from someone who knew NOTHING  about Cosmetic Dentistry.

My GOAL was to learn Cosmetic Dentistry and to that end, I used to work 3 weeks a month and spend a week in Buffalo, Seattle, NY or Chicago studying with the best in the world.. Month after month and year after year. To date I have taken about 6500 (or more) hours of education at a cost of about $6.5 million...

In 1999, in San Antonio, Texas, I won the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Smile Contest, the most prestigious clinical contest in the world. There were 5 winners that year and I was one of them...

Long time ago...

As you see, my goals always involve becoming a better dentist so that I can care for you, the best that I can...

Making money??? Doesn't really interest me...and never has.