Monday, May 29, 2017

Wow!

I just completed 40 full years as a dentist. Exactly 40 years ago today, May 29,1977, I graduated from the School of Dental Medicine, SUNY/Buffalo.

I gave Susan two presents on May 29, a gold snake neckless and a gold bracelet both of which she still has and wears. As I recall, the jewelry cost about $250 which was a fortune back then but I wanted to show Susan my appreciation for supporting me during my dental school career. About 25% of the marriages of dental students did not survive the four years and for good reason...it was a lonely 4 years for spouses.

I am thrilled to have been a dentist for 40 years and my interest has never wavered: Taking care of my patients in the best way possible.  How much longer will I be a dentist? Who knows but I am not ready to leave yet.

May 29, 1977...one of the best days of my life.