Thursday, May 11, 2017

You Don't have to Be a Dentist to See the Difference

A young man of 23 became our patient a few short months ago when he said that he heard good things about our office and recognized that his current dentist was not meeting his expectations.

I replaced all of defective fillings with beautiful bonded resins and he was thrilled. However, his main concern was replacing a porcelain fused to metal crown that was recently placed by one of the Corporate Dental places.

Yesterday, I removed the crown, which was ugly and  had already failed because the porcelain was chipping off the crown near the gum line. This is what I discovered:


So what happened to the rest of the tooth? Did the dentist break off the rest of the tooth when removing the temporary crown????  Or is this how the dentist found the tooth from the previous dentist? Oh yes...I was placing the THIRD crown on this tooth for a 23 years old.

When I finished preparing his tooth, this is what the tooth looked like:


I know that the majority of readers of my blogs are NOT dentists  but it must be clear to you that  how I prepared my patient's tooth is a beautiful work of art (That is what my eyes see). When I removed the crown, the gum tissues were purple and inflamed  because the metal in the crown was low noble or non noble so that the dentist can pay less to the dental lab for making the crown. Look how healthy the gum tissue is simply by removing the old crown

You don't need to be a dentist to see what quality dentistry looks like.