Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Always Try to Walk the Talk

I strongly believe in actually doing for myself the things that I recommend to my patients whether we are talking about teeth or non-dental issues. I have had both porcelain veneers and implants and so has my wife and most of my staff members.

I recently tore my rotator cuff and was told by a local orthopedic surgeon that I would require surgery in order to get back to normal. I went from the surgeon's office to my physical therapist (Saratoga Physical Therapy) and asked Tony Dematteo who THE BEST shoulder surgeon was and without hesitation he responded "Dr. David Altchek" in Manhattan.

On Dec 7, I will have shoulder surgery by one of THE BEST shoulder surgeons in the country and I will pay the majority of the cost from my savings as THE BEST does not participate with insurance companies.
I have always told you that you need to spend the time to FIND THE BEST to take care of you and your family. And as I say, "If we as a country do not buy EXCELLENCE it will cease to exist."

Why would I take a sizeable amount of money out of my savings account to hire the best surgeon when I can be treated by a local surgeon for a fraction of the cost?
Two reasons: 1.Because I always try to walk the talk and 2. Because I am worth it.