Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Larger Audience

I am quite well known on the ACE dental forum which is primarily an American dental forum but there are many international members as well. The vast majority of dentists who are ACE members do not show their clinical cases to the group. Showing one's work can be a terrifying experience because a dentist is exposing their clincal weakness to a very large group of dentists.

I have never been shy about posting my work for both positive and negative comments.I have spent decades studying and learning my craft and invested a few million dollars in the process.

Did I pursue excellence to become wealthy? Never even entered my mind as I spent thousands of hours refining my techniques. My journey towards excellence was really the path to become a better dentist in order to take care of my patients.

I was recently asked to send examples of my work and some photos of my new office to a prosthodontist in Atlanta who was taking a trip to India to teach some courses. This evening, he sent me the following email:

Your work is marvelous and your office photos blew away all the young Dentists in Mumbai India...now they all know you by name.!!

I am so honored to be held in high esteem by my colleagues. This is far more important than money. It is about who I am as a person and now dentists around the world have heard of Dr. Benjamin.