Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Met the Man in the AD

Susan and I frequently walk around our new hometown of Saratoga Springs so that we can get to know the people in town. We passed a small woman's store on Broadway and my wife commented that she liked a purse hanging in the window.
Susan recently went to visit her family and some friends in Buffalo and I walked into the Speck's Boutique to look at the purse that Susan admired. To my surprise the purse was not expensive and I made the purchase rather quickly. While I was paying for my purchase, I was chatting with the owner and told her that I had a new dental practice around the corner and gave her my card. She looked at my card and said, "BenjaminSmile" I have seen your ads on TV and now I have met you.
A few weeks later Susan was back at Speck's for some gloves and the owner told me that she had Tweeted about me saying that she had 'met the man in the ad.'
It really is a small world.