Thursday, November 25, 2010

Standards of Excellence

I have studied with the best dentists in the world: Drs. Frank Spear,Newton Fahl, Fred McIntyre and Francisco Banchs.They have taught me that pursing EXCELLENCE is not an option but a requirement when treating a patient.
Can you understand what an incredible standard that is? You must do your BEST all day, everyday. The journey towards excellence is frustrating and stressful until it becomes as automatic and brushing your teeth.

One of my colleagues made a comment on the ACE forum today:
"I love the standards that Gerald and others set. They are right, and we should all strive to reach them if we are afforded the opportunity. But sometimes we are asked to make the best of an imperfect situation by the patient. We do have the right to choose not to help them, and at some point that becomes the ONLY right choice. I'm not sure we're here yet with this case."

I am honored that my standards and my work are now among the standards of excellence for my colleagues.

It is my goal to make my mentors and teachers proud of me. Why would you want to be a patient of a doctor that does not pursue EXCELLENCE. Please think about that and find people to treat you that have a philosophy of excellence. You do have a choice in dentistry.