Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Burn Out????

The average dentist works 30-35 hours a week and for most, doing dentistry is a chore. For me, It is a labor of love. I have ALWAYS worked 50-60 hours a week because I refuse to rush through treatment to see more patients. There is more satisfaction in placing beautiful, strong dentistry than there is to making more money.

I am viewed as a very talented dentist by my colleagues on the ACE forum. The truth is that I am not a naturally gifted clinician but I am passionate about what I do and I am willing to spend thousands of hours perfecting my craft.

When I recently told the ACE forum that I work 50+ hours a week treating my patients, one dentist privately emailed my and asked why I haven't BURNED OUT or had physical problems associated with restoring teeth.

Taking care of you is what I love to do..Is it hard work? Yes it is.
Going to work is what I get up in the morning to do..
Burn out??? I have no idea what that means.