Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Legacy

Several people recently spoke to me about having a LEGACY after my career is over. Last weekend the Chairman of Restorative Dentistry at SUNY/Buffalo, Dr. Carlo Munoz,who I like very much, asked me to give some thought to my legacy. To be honest, I am at the top of my career and it is hard to even think about not taking care of you.

Dr. Munoz wants me to consider lecturing around the world to infect other dentists with the concept of EXCELLENCE. I am not that interested in lecturing to other dentists as I would rather be taking care of you.Dr. Munoz asked me to give this some consideration and invited me to accompany him to Spain to lecture.

In 4-5 years I will start my serious search for my successor so he or she will have 8or 9 years studying with me so that you will have a high quality dentist to take care of you.

You, my patient, are my LEGACY...and that legacy matters a great deal to me.