Sunday, April 17, 2011

GRIT2

Dr. June Darling, the noted psychologist and dental consultant posted a great short lecture (18 minutes) explaining what GRIT means. This is what Dr. Darling said,
If you'd like to understand more about grit and the science of achievement (if you want to understand the path that Gerald is on):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaeFnxSfSC4

You can copy and paste this into your browser.

Like the test pilot, Chuck Yaeger who broke the sound barrier, I do believe that some human beings are "made of the right stuff." After my car accident in which my leg was amputated and then reattached, I knew that I was made of the right stuff. I returned to my senior year of dental school and despite missing the first two months of classes I graduated with my class against all odds.

Is this what GRIT means??? I would leave that up to the experts such as Dr. Darling.