Sunday, June 30, 2013

What You Pay Me For: 2nd Molars 2

If you are one of my patients, you pay me to do dentistry that hopefully rises to the level of excellence.
You want me to:

1. Give as painless an injection as possible,
2. Spend as much time as needed without rushing to see one or two other patients at the same time in other rooms,
3. Remove all the tooth decay, leave as much healthy tooth structure as possible and finally
4. Restore my tooth to the way it was before having a cavity.
5. Charge a fair fee commensurate with the time and talent involved in performing your dentistry.

These photos are again of a 2nd molar that had tooth decay under an existing mercury filling (the black area.)


My good friend Dr. Francisco Banchs suggested that I try to take a photo of this tooth without using a rubber dam. I told him that it would be almost impossible to keep the saliva off of the tooth and keep the cheek from folding over the tooth.

We have no other option but to pursue excellence. You, your family and your friends deserve nothing less.