Wednesday, July 24, 2013

6 Hours to See the Dentist

I have taken care of my patient since she was  6 or 8 years old. Now at age 23, she is a graduate student in Boston. Today she travelled 3 hours each way for me to place two direct bonded posterior resins (white fillings.)

I told her that I was honored that she was willing to travel such a great distance for basic dentistry. She said, "Of course, I trust you."

I take photos of almost every tooth that I restore  at each phase of treatment: after I place the rubber dam, after I have removed the old filling to show the tooth decay, after the decay is totally removed and finally, the beautiful bonded filling at the completion of the treatment. My patients trust me because I show them the REASON that I am replacing their old mercury fillings.

As Ronald Reagan said: Trust but verify.

I am honored that my patients trust me to take care of you and DO THE RIGHT THING.

Thanks for being our patients.