Monday, June 7, 2010

Can I See You for Free?

I am thrilled when folks visit my website to see the great work that we do and I sincerely appreciate it when they take the next step and call or email for an appointment. What surprises me is when people email and ask to see me for free. Will Lexus give you or me a car for free? Will your lawyer or plumber work for free? How about the folks who work for the State of NY? No one works for free.

What would be the value of the advice that I would give to the patient if it was free? And how much time would I invest in that consultation for free? If the consulation was free why wouldn't everyone want to see me for advice?
There are very few things that haven't changed in the last 50 years but the old saying, "You get what you pay for." still applies.