Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gerald Benjamin, Associate Clinical Professor

It is official! The Chairman of Restorative Dentistry at SUNY/Buffalo has notified me that I have been appointed an Associate Clinical Professor in his department.
It is a sincere honor to receive this appointment because the University looked at all of my credentials and accomplishments to determine whether I had EARNED a position on the faculty.

My Curriculum Vitae includes:
1. 2600 hours of Continuing Education
2. Earning a Certificate of Proficiency in Esthetic Dentistry (2001, SUNY/Buffalo)
3. Successfully published an article in a peer reviewed journal
4. Presented many lectures in the Capital District of NY as well as in Baltimore, MD and Buffalo, NY.
5. Invited to lecture at the American Academy of General Dentistry annual meeting in Philadelphia, 2012.
6. Clinical Instructor for Dental Students, Post-Graduate Students and Dentists in General Practice
7. Posted many cases on the ACE Forum to much clinical acclaim
8. Won the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Smile Contest
9. Mentor many young dentists in the Capital District

One of my mentors, Dr. Fred McIntyre always says that if the University does not teach excellence to its dental students, they will not KNOW excellence. It is my intention to show my students what excellence is any time that I am asked to teach.

My appointment would have made my Father very proud.