Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

My Father passed away in 2002 at the age of 86.

He was an excellent husband and a wonderful Father. Money was not the most important thing and, in fact, my family lived like so many other families, pay check to pay check. We didn't go out to eat and there were no luxeries whatsoever in our very modest home. The mortgage was $69 a month.

My Father always believed that the road to a good life passed through a University door and that education not only earned you more income but made you a better person.
To him ethics, honesty, integrity and hard work were the essential qualities of a successful human being.

Becoming wealthy never seemed to interest him so that a Rolex and a Timex, or a Ford and a BMW were all the same to him.

The quality of the man was his education, doing the right thing and pursuing excellence so that he could have the RESPECT of others.

I think that my Father would be very happy with the man that I have become. I certainly am very proud of him for making me the man that I am.

And isn't that what Father's Day is all about?