Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Good Old Days

My parents always stressed the importance of making good choices. In the olden days,when I was young, my choices were between what was good and what was best. As I have gotten older, my choices are between bad and worse.

The pain in my arm had deminished greatly and I was finally able to raise my arm above my head. I knew that it was going to be bad to have the rotator cuff surgery,the post surgical pain and the intensive physical therapy. But I knew that it would be worse if I postponed surgery and became severely debilitated in my old age.

I believe that God gives beauty and strength to the young and wisdom to the old but HE does not give you both the gift of beauty and wisdom at the same time.

As I enter old age it,apparently,is my time for wisdom.