Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Where I Stand on Mercury Fillings

Brian Williams of NBC NEWS just did a story on placing mercury fillings in your teeth when tooth decay is discovered.
When a dentist orders mercury for mercury fillings, he or she has to pay a toxic material transportation fee.
When a dentist removes mercury from a tooth,he or she must carefully store the material until it can be disposed of as toxic waste.
So is the government telling you and me that the only safe place for mercury is in YOUR MOUTH????

Sounds like it to me.

How do I feel about this?

I have not used mercury fillings in almost 20 years and I don't have any in my mouth or my wife's mouth.

What is the BEST FILLING MATERIAL?
In my opinion, the direct bonded posterior direct resin placed with a rubber dam by a highly trained dentist is the BEST, MOST CONSERVATIVE AND, IN THE BIGGEST PICTURE, THE LEAST COSTLY restoration that I can place. And I have 20 years of patient treatment to back up my opinion.

Other dentists want to cut down your teeth for crowns either because they are not highly trained to do direct bonded posterior direct resin fillings or they can make more money placing crowns.

The use of a potentially toxic material, mercury, to fill teeth and the mass destruction of beautiful natural tooth structure to place crowns MUST STOP.