Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Have Arrived

The relationship of mentor to student is not unlike the relationship of a college professor to high school freshman. That is, there is a world of difference between what the mentor knows and what the student knows. As time passes, especially in a long relationship, the difference is narrowed and hopefully may even disappear.

My mentor sent me an email yesterday which demonstrates that the knowledge gap between him and I has narrowed to the point that he would trust ME enough to permit me to restore HIS TEETH:
"Gerry, you are light years ahead of most the the mechanics we have out there practicing today. Don't be so hard on yourself, I'd sit in your chair any day."

I have spent the last 20 years studying intensely with many world class dentists and the day has arrived when I can fix their teeth. I am truly honored.