Thursday, December 16, 2010

What We Want and What We Need

Humans have a need to be stroked. We enjoy when people compliment us on how we look or how well we performed our job.

I am very fortunate in that many of my patients and colleagues appreciate and value the work that I do.

This morning I recieved the following email from a long time patient:
Hey Dr. Benjamin,
Just thought I'd give you a shout out!! I joined the gym and am actually working with a trainer. Tonight he told me the first thing he noticed about me was my beautiful teeth!! Good Luck with your surgery. Melissa

A great way to begin a day...All my needs and wants were met! Thanks Melissa

Melissa's teeth look fabulous and this is not the first time that she has received compliments on her smile. A few years back, Melissa, who works for another dentist, was attending a course on bleaching your teeth. The dentist giving the course told Melissa that she already knows about bleaching because he noted how beautiful her natural teeth were and that she must have bleached them to get her teeth to look sooo beautiful. Melissa told him that she never bleached her teeth but that the teeth that the dentist was admiring was really her beautiful but natural looking veneers that I had recently placed. Another dentist could not tell the differnce between natural teeth and my beautful veneers..

That was the best compliment that I could receive.