Monday, May 23, 2011

The Billy Joel Question

I have always been a fan of Billy Joel and have seen him in concert several times. I recently have been watching some of his concerts on YouTube and am amazed at the fact that everyone knows the words to his songs even when he is not playing in an English speaking country.

I practiced dentistry for slightly more than 30 years in Troy, NY and there was not a month that went by that someone did not ask me 'The Billy Joel Question." Patients from out of town asked me the question. Dental Laboratory Sales Reps asked me the question and Dental Salesman asked me the question. What is the Billy Joel Question???

Two lines in the lyrics to "Piano Man" goes like this:

"They sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, "Man, what are you doin here?"

People always wanted to know what a quality dentist was doing with an office in the middle of nowhere.

I opened my 'new' office in downtown Saratoga Springs two and a half years ago and NOT one person has asked me why I am located in Saratoga.NOT ONE! I have had many patients tell me that my new office was the right place to be because now my beautiful dentistry was consistent with my beautiful office.

I must be honest when I tell you that I do not miss being asked 'The Billy Joel Question."