Saturday, May 28, 2011

What Honorable People Do

"I performed a maneuver that had an unacceptably low minimum altitude. This maneuver, combined with other instances of not meeting the airborne standard that makes the Blue Angels the exceptional organization that it is, led to my decision to step down," Cmdr. Dave Koss said in a statement, referring to the Lynchburg, Virginia, Regional Airshow

Commander Dave Koss was the leader of the NAVY Blue Angels, the most extraordinary pilots in the world.

Exceptional people who understand and practice 'EXCELLENCE' know when they are no longer able to perform at a world class level and have the integrity to resign. Many people still want to earn exceptional amounts of money for performing at a very mediocre level.

My staff has told me that when they see that I can no longer do what I do at the level that I do it, that they will change the locks on the door. I hope that I have the integrity to go quietly into the night rather than have someone tell me that it is time to go.