Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Patient for Thirty Years

Trish, our hygienist who joined our office 6 months ago, has been amazed by the number of patients that I have cared for for more than thirty years...THIRTY YEARS!!!
We have grown older...and in some cases, old together. How many professional relationships last 30 years?
For those patients who are above 65 and who have their own teeth, the overwhelming majority of these folks will verbalize their feelings about being my patient for all these years. It is not uncommon for a patient to say, " I would not have my teeth if it were not for you." These words deeply affect me at this stage of my career.
I am honored and humbled to care for my patients all of these years and I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for the privilege of letting me take care of you.