Saturday, April 3, 2010

15 Months

There is no question that my Troy practice was in decline for the past 10 years. I was doing my very BEST clinical dentistry in my career but the number of patients that I was treating had been in decline for a decade. How was this possible? Many of the local folks around my office left our practice to have insurance dependant dentists treat them. That said, patients were travelling from fairly great distances (Buffalo, Syracuse, Lake Placid, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont) to be treated in my office. When the recession began for us in July, 2007, our travelling patients became nervous about the economy, stopped spending money and delayed dental treatment.

We thought, we thought some more, we discussed, we adapted, we planned and responded. We acted on our thoughts and opened our new and beautiful office in Saratoga Springs, NY in January, 2009.

This past week was the first week in almost a decade that we had a full schedule of patients after 15 months in our new office. I am not able to state that we are out of the woods and will be eminently successful but what I can say is that our PASSION for what we do, our incredible training and education, skill and knowledge and finally our endless dedication to the pursuit of EXCELLENCE is becoming recognized by patients throughout the Capital District.

And one of the best parts of being in our new Saratoga office is that I never hear the words from Billy Joel's song Piano Man when out of town patients arrived at my Troy office. No one asks, "Man what are YOU doing HERE?"

I am thrilled to have taken the incredible risk to start all over again in the worst possible economy...Most consultants would say that what we are doing, at my age, cannot be done. We are doing it.

Congratulations to us!