Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Perfect Thought

Actually, I did not say my 'perfect thought.' Maureen Dowd, the Pulitzer Prize winning columnist for the New York Times said what I am always thinking. This is what she said:

"The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for."

Isn't this the essence of excellence? And isn't this the thought that I have been trying to convey on my blog in every post that I write?

I am not perfect and I would not try to convince you that EVERYTHING that I do in dentistry is perfect but what I would tell you is that every time that I begin treatment for you, my goal is to do the best possible work that I can with the goal being excellence.

The departure from EXCELLENCE is mediocrity. If a dentist starts with the goal of mediocrity where will he or she end up?

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for...I just love the way Maureen thinks.