Saturday, April 3, 2010

"I Never Had a Dentist That Cared as Much as You"

I just got off of the phone with a patient who I have known for about 5 years. His treatment was complex and the results were not what would have been expected or predicted. Yes he has a fabulous smile that my staff and I created for him but the orthodontist was unable to move his teeth into the position that would have yielded perfect results...This is real life and not everything occurs as we plan or hope.
I am re-establishing a more comfortable bite for my patient that was not provided by the orthodontist. I treated my patient yesterday (Friday) and asked him to call me Friday afternoon or Saturday morning so that I could make any refinements in his new bite. I called him this morning and he preferred to wait another few days to see how his bite feels. At the end of the conversation, he thanked me for my call and said," I never had a dentist that cared as much as you."

Every single one of my patients MUST feel and believe that I care passionately about taking care of you. Your dental health and MY happiness depend on it.