Thursday, April 1, 2010

Integrity Gets in the Way of Making Money

NO IT DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have taken care of three generations of one family for quite some time. The grandfather,the son and his children. The grandfather came to me a few weeks back looking for help on improving his smile. Everyone knows of the scandals that take advantage of the elderly and separate them from their money. I spoke with the son and asked him how much dentistry did he want me to perform for his dad (80+ years old.) I informed him that my relationship with his family was extremely important to me and that violating that trust in exchange for making money was unthinkable and just would not happen. The son told me that he trusted me implicitly and knew that I would always take care of him and his family. Ultimately, the son told me that it was up to his father as to what treatment he would have.
I saw the grandfather yesterday to discuss options and told him that his teeth were healthy and needed little treatment but if he WANTED to improve his smile, it could be done. I cautioned him that it would take many hours of treatment and that he needed to proceed carefully.

Integrity or $15,000?

NOT EVEN CLOSE! I would never sacrifice my integrity to earn a buck. And everyone that reads this or knows me and my office should know that.

I don't want your money if I can't earn my living ethically and with integrity.