Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Perfect 10

I have always believed that it is my job to try to be the best clinical dentist, the best employer,the best teacher and the best person that I can. All human beings fall short of perfection and that is both factual and perhaps by design.
In February, I gave a lecture at the Root Canal Expert's Education Center on Excellence in planning and treating the cosmetic patient. Yesterday, I recieved the final results of the lecture evaluation from the course participants. Unfortunately, many who attended (and enjoyed) the lecture didn't bother to complete the form but for those that did, here are the results:



The PERFECT lecture.

I am thrilled by the survey results as were the Course Directors, Dr. Francisco Banchs and Dr. Allyson Byrn. This means that we are doing everything right in helping our colleagues select EXCELLENCE in how they treat THEIR patients.

I spent at least 100 hours in preparing for my lecture that I was to receive no monetary benefit. Those that select EXCELLENCE as their modus operendi (how they do things) do not do so for the money. They do it for the personal satisfaction that they receive and for the professional respect that we recieve from our colleagues.

It was great to see that I had done everything RIGHT during my lecture.