Sunday, May 16, 2010

Passion To Be The Best

Zwilling J.A. Henckels is a manufacturer of fine kitchen knives and "Passion to be the best" is their slogan.

I can identify with Henckels Corporation because that is my philosophy as well. Let's be clear, the State of New York FORBIDS any professional from making the claim that they are 'THE BEST' and for very good reason: EVERYBODY would make the claim that they were 'the best.' And, with very few exceptions, there is no single best dentist in their area of expertise but rather a very small group of dentists who are 'the best.'

With the above disclaimer stated, it remains my goal to try to be among the very best in the area of restoring teeth. Passion, skill, talent, education, hard work, motivation, and the refusal to accept failure are among the components involved in getting to be 'the best.'

I owe it to my patients to do the very best work that I can for them. Not 'the best' that I can do so that I can make it to the golf course on time. Or not the best that I can do in the 10 minutes that I have alloted for the procedure. But rather the best that I can do for any reason and without excuses.

What we see on a daily basis is the art of compromises and as such, we are becoming more accepting of mediocrity. My goal is to become the best ...just like J.A. Henckels.