Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Waiter

On short notice my wife went to Buffalo to see her Brother who travelled from Huntsville, Alabama to see his children. This meant that I was on my own for dinner. I went to the Health Food Store (Four Seasons) for some home cooked, healthy food and was walking around Saratoga and met a friend who flew in from Baltimore to be with his significant other. My friend convinced me to join them for a glass of wine which I did. The waiter soon discovered that we were dentists and he told us that he needed to have teeth pulled and how much did I charge. My friend whispered that I needed to give him my card since my office is 1/2 a block from the restaurant. But the more the waiter talked the more I realized that this person would hate being a patient in my office.

I have told you many..........many.......times that fixing teeth is NOT about the money but about providing excellence every single time I treat a patient. If a patient is only looking to find a dentist at the lowest possible price then that person has many options in Capital District...I am not one of them.

I am PASSIONATE about fixing teeth and the waiter said that he wishes that someone would just take out all of his teeth and that would be the end of his problems. (Aside: The end of some problems but the beginning of others.) Patients that sincerely want to keep their teeth as healthy, attractive and as long as they can have found a home at 18 Division Street, Saratoga Springs.

The waiter needs to find a dentist who cares as little about his teeth as he does. His search will be short.