Thursday, May 27, 2010

"That's Why You're the Best"

Many dentists hear this from their patients and it is wonderful for the profession that patients feel that way about their dentist.

My patient called at 6PM last night and told me that he broke off his front tooth at the gum line and needed an appointment. I told him to come in at 7AM and I would restore his front tooth....And the front tooth was indeed broken right off at the gum line.

We fixed Fred's tooth and no one would ever know that an hour before, he was toothless. Fred has been my patient for 20 years and after looking in the mirror this morning...He said to me, "That's why you are the best."

I take those words as my patient's ultimate compliment. In fact, I want every single one of my patients to feel the same way as Fred. Money is meaningless when you have done your very best for your patient and they are appreciative...Isn't this why we become physicians and dentists?

"And that's why you are the best!!!!!" Those are some pretty sweet words