Thursday, April 2, 2015

A Really Good Week

I think this week marks the beginning of my true recovery. For me, it takes about a month for all of the anesthetics administered for my surgery to finally leave my body. That, in and of itself, means a dramatic change in my attitude and how I feel about life.

Yesterday (Thursday) my physical therapist told me that my improvement this week was  incredible and that he was very optimistic about my recovery.

At home, my 5 time a day exercise regiment has produced a range of motion that that 10 days ago seemed unattainable.

I need to get better and this week I turned the corner towards recovery and meeting my goal to return to work. For the first time since my accident on February 24, I am happy, optimistic and can see myself back at work doing what I  love to do...Taking care of you.

Is returning to work about the money? ABSOLUTELY NOT. At this stage of my life, I work because I love what I do. I still believe that my best work will be done in the future which is pretty incredible considering the body of work that I have  done the last 2 decades.

Thank you for your concern and support during these last 5 weeks.

"And this  too shall pass."