Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Another Honor?

I just received notice that I have been selected by my peers to be included in the Top Dentists group.
Just me  and a few hundred other dentists...

I am not a fan of all  of the kids getting a trophy just for 'participation' or showing up. I am also not a fan of groups like 'Top Dentist' because there are no standards of any kind for selection. I don't know a lot of dentists and a lot of dentists don't know me but some of them selected me to be included in this group.

If I am going to win an award, I want it to be meaningful and for something that is special about me, my staff or our work.

Top Dentists??? Really??? What did I do to 'deserve' this? And what did the other 100-200 dentists do to deserve inclusion in this group...

Are they on the faculty of a dental school?
Do they have thousands of hours of study with the majority of it being with world class clinicians?
Do they post their work for other dentists to see and criticize?
Are they nationally or internationally known?
Have they had one or more articles published in a peer reviewed journal?

I want to be selected for an award that is given because my work is an example of excellence.

Visit many dentist's office in the Capital District and you will see their plaque for 'TOP DENTIST."

I hope that you see me as an example of an excellent clinician...Now that is something that I would be proud of.