Friday, August 19, 2016

Doesn't Anyone Look? Or Care

I saw these prints in an office  and I was wondering whether anyone in the office ever looks at their surroundings.

When I walk into my office (and I am almost always the first person to open my office) I stop and take a look around to see what patients or visitors will see when they enter the door. Is my office neat? Is the carpeting clean? Are the magazines current and neatly placed? Are all the light bulbs working? Is the artwork straight and in the correct place.

Who hung the artwork in this office?

Who walks by the artwork everyday?

What do their clients think?

Am I the only one who thinks that artwork should be presented well and hung straight and in a straight line?

Or does it even matter?

My office, our office, was designed so that you know that we care. We care about treating you the way you expect to be treated. We care about making you comfortable. And we care that you receive the best possible care that we can provide for you.

Of course we are not  perfect but none of us, human beings, are. And we will not tell you that we are 'The Best' although we wish we were.

(Aside: When you hear the vacuum cleaner on a Wednesday or Thursday morning and no one but you and me are in the office...it is because I...yes me...am vacuuming the carpeting near my lab. It is our office and I care.)

Do you think it would be rude to walk into the office and straighten the artwork?