Wednesday, August 3, 2016

". Hard work, heart, taking chances — that was always my philosophy.”


No, those are not my words in the title of this blog. These are Barbara Streisand's words in a long article in today's New York Times.

However, they might have well been my words because it is exactly what I believe. I am at the point in my career that I could 'coast' if I wanted to...But why would I? I have always worked harder and longer (more hours per week, per month or even per year) than any other dentist that I know. Studying, learning, expanding my knowledge and understanding, and finally, trying new treatment modalities is what I have done for the last quarter of a century.

I owe this to you, my patient; to be the best that I can be.

I am not a fan of those who see taking care of others as merely a job rather than a passion or a 'calling.'

For those of us who love what we do, hard work, having a heart and taking chances is what defines us. Why would you want to have someone taking care of you who only sees you as a means to buy something that they want.

Very sad.

[Read the entire interview of Barbara Streisand in today's Times.]