Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"I Have Been Looking for You for 15 Years"

Susan and I take a walk around town virtually every evening to see the tempo of the town during racing season in Saratoga. This evening ,as we left 18 Division Street, a couple approached us and the man introduces himself as a retired dentist who has always used a rubber dam during his 45 years of dental practice.

He told me that his wife was looking at the current issue of HERLIFE and she saw my "Ask the Expert" column. The question asked was, "How do I find a good dentist?" and one of the things that I mentioned was to find a dentist that always uses a rubber dam during treatment.

The dentist congratulated me for being conscientious  by using a rubber dam. He  told me that he wouldn't be treated by a dentist unless the dentist used a dam and that I was the first dentist in 15 years that he could personally visit.

Maybe that's why there are so many dentists in my practice. A dentist that uses a rubber dam is a dentist that cares about quality and no one will dispute this.