Thursday, August 11, 2016

Doing the Right Thing and what the Godfather of Cosmetic Dentistry Says About YOUR Dentist

A 12 year old boy fell while skiing and broke his two front teeth. Unfortunately, the teeth developed pain and root canals were needed. I met the young man when he was referred to me by Root Canal Experts to restore his teeth.

I restored his teeth by bonding resin and creating 2 full teeth while  removing only a very small amount of healthy tooth structure. And remember....I could have made 2-3 times the amount of money if I HAD placed crowns instead of bonded resin!




The final result !

So what does the Godfather of cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Ronald Goldstein,  say on an international dental forum about how I managed the treatment for my young patient?

Reply
Perfect result, Gerald, This is exactly the technique and rational I presented in "Diagnostic Dilemma: To Bond, Laminate or Crown?" The Intl. Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry May 1987. It is just so sad that Endodontists continue to refer patients back to the general dentist telling them to crown the tooth after the root canal was completed.

(Please note that the renown Dr. Goldstein says the same thing that I always do: don't cut down teeth for crowns unless you absolutely have to.)

It is a sincere honor when one of the finest  restorative dentists in the world  says:

                                                "PERFECT RESULTS, GERALD"

It certainly makes me feel good to have Dr. Goldstein's comments...More importantly, it should make
                                                                 YOU
feel good as well knowing that your dentist is highly regarded by his peers.