Saturday, December 26, 2009

70% of Dental Patients Are Going to the Wrong Dentist

How is this possible and why would I make that statement?
Many years ago the American Dental Association (ADA) did a survey among dentists asking the question "Would you become a dentist again if given the opportunity?"
To the surprise and dismay of the ADA, the official organization of the profession of dentistry, discovered that a whopping 70% of dentists would not be a dentist again. This means that the majority of patients are not being treated by a dentist who LOVES what they do? This is another way of saying that the person doing your dentistry doesn't want or care to treat you AND would rather be doing something else.
I LOVE being a dentist...It is my PASSION and my hobby. There is nothing more that I enjoy doing than being your dentist. I care about getting it right and I care about the sacred oath that I took when I became a dentist in 1977. That oath says that I will always do the right thing for the right reasons when I take care of another human being.
I wish the ADA asked me whether I would become a dentist again. In fact, the organization was so shocked and dismayed by the response of the dentist's survey that they have NEVER asked the question again.
So would you rather be treated by a dentist who wants to be golfing or on his boat or would you select a dentist that loves dentistry and is passionate about his life's work?
I am here to take care of those patients that seek good dentistry and know that there is a difference between dentists.