Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Bottom Line is TRUST

Many of my Troy patients have been with me between 20 and 30 years. This group of patients have been among my most loyal and for the most part, they will be my patients for as long as I continue to practice dentistry.
I saw one of my 30yr patients today and the issue of Trust came up and I told my patient that having the 'trust' of my patients was very important to me. The patient responded, " Dr. Benjamin, ALL of your patients trust you."
Kinder words could not have been spoken.
Many patients do not want a relationship with their dentist and they are merely looking to have a licensed 'technician' fix a tooth for a relatively low level fee. My patients like me,like my staff and know that I have a sincere interest in maintaining their dental health. Not only do they trust me to take care of them but I return that level of trust by giving the vast majority of my patients my personal cell phone number with instructions to call me any time they need me. I TRUST my patients enough so that I never worry that I will receive a frivolous phone call.
The bottom line IS trust.