Saturday, December 5, 2009

We Are Very Fortunate

I was speaking with a friend's parents yesterday that live in South America. They were relating problems that the middle class have with the lower classes who try to steal their money and possessions at gunpoint while in their car or just walking around the neighborhood. Very poor folks will do anything to survive.
Most of us are so very lucky to have been born in the United States and to have the things that we have...especially our safety.
I went to do my weekly banking for my office and the teller was telling me that she wasn't having a good day because it was so dreary outside. I reminded her that she hadn't been given a diagnosis of cancer today and didn't that make her feel a whole lot better.
I hope everyone that reads this takes a step back and realizes how lucky we are.