Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Dentist's Disappointment in the Final Results

There was an article in the Magazine section of the Sunday NY Times today about an artist who said that she is frequently disappointed with her results because she knows that she could have done better. One of the dentists on the ACE forum after reading the the artist's story said that he frequently feels the same level of dissatisfaction with his patient's case outcomes.
I wrote the dentist privately and said that I was NEVER disappointed with my cases because of the 10-20 hours of study and preparation that I do BEFORE I start a big case.
Excellence is not an accident. I study and prepare endlessly before I ever touch my patient..."Proper preparation prevents poor performance." in the words of my great mentor and my personal dentist, Fred McIntyre.
You need to know that before I start one of the functional and beautiful cases that you see on this website that I have fully prepared myself to treat you...I have no choice...YOU are my PATIENT and you deserve the best.