Thursday, January 21, 2010

America's Top Dentists





Isn't it a beautiful plaque?
I was selected as one of "America's Top Dentists" for the year 2010. I have been selected over a period of several years as well. So what does it mean to be selected for this group?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! This is a meaningless award that is given to many, many mediocre dentists. So why did I decide to get the plaque? Because so many patients are used to seeing the 'America's Top Dentists' plaque in the offices that they have visited, I didn't want folks to think that I wasn't selected.

My curriculum vitae (professional resume) includes many significant accomplishments including:
1. Attaining a Certificate of Proficiency in Esthetic Dentistry (2001)
2. Winning the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Smile Contest (1999)
3. Founded the first Esthetic Center within a Dental School (1996)
4. Have 2500 hours of post doctoral education
5. Mentor several young area dentists
6. Lecturer
7. Published an article in a peer reviewed journal
8. Become nationally recognized for my abilities in placing direct resin posterior composites
9. Providing dental care for a significant number of dentists both locally and in other states.


These are significant and meaningful accomplishments.
Being selected for inclusion in "America's Top Dentists" means nothing to me and is something that you need to ignore when you select a dentist to take care of you and your family.

It is a really nice plaque though.