Sunday, January 3, 2010

"You Kept Your Word"

I received a call on Saturday from a frantic patient who had her 15 year old fixed bridge fall out. Mary is new to the area and just recently became my patient when she had a horrific toothache. When I originally met Mary I gave her my cell phone number and told her that if she ever had a dental problem that she should call me and I will help her.
Well yesterday she had the problem, she called, and I saw her mid day Saturday afternoon to re-cement her old bridge. As she was leaving my office, Mary turned and said to me, "I can't believe it. You told me that you would help me if I needed you and you did. You kept your word." I thanked Mary for becoming my patient.

Treating a patient right does not just happen during regular office hours. In fact, I have been in my office at 10PM, 1AM, 3AM and 5AM taking care of my patients. That doesn't mean that I will see a new patient or another dentist's patient in the middle of the night. But, when needed, I will see MY PATIENT.
I keep my word to take care of my patients. I gave my word when I took the oath upon graduating dental school that I would do my best to care for my patients..After 33 years...Nothing has changed. I will do my best to take care of you. I give you my word.