Friday, January 8, 2010

Protecting YOUR Rights to Seek Excellence

A few weeks ago, I told you about how the government won't let you spend your own money to buy excellence if you are involved in an auto accident or on the job. Well this morning I had a meeting with Assemblyman Bob Reilly, the State Representative for Latham and Clifton Park. The Assemblyman was approachable, kind and friendly. When I explained that if you were injured on the job or in a car accident, the State of NY forbids you or your employer from buying the best possible dental care when you wanted to pay for your own treatment. Assemblyman Reilly listened carefully, repeated what I had said and then shook his head and said that he didn't think that the State regulation was right and that he would look into that for me to see whether that stipulation in the law could be changed.
Many things in our lives are not right but most of the time we are too complacent (or lazy as in my case) to take a stand and approach our government leaders. When the GOVERNMENT says that we cannot buy a legal product or service using our money, I just could not let that lie.
Thanks Assemblyman Reilly for listening to my complaint and learning how we can fix the problem.